This great brick building at 707 Avenue H was built in the 1860’s. It has had many lives before becoming a hotel. From it's beginnings as the Windmayer Whiskey & Vinegar Distillery from 1861 to 1895, to a restaurant, a book & wallpaper store to a barber shop in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. But in 1910, Troy Laundry moved from 905 Avenue G (current day Pilot Grove Savings Bank) to the present day Kingsley Inn. The business thrived for many years until 1981. 71 one years in one location is quite a run! Then our building became home to Shilling Electrical Supply for a few years until sitting vacant and becoming the beautiful, historic and elegant Kingsley Inn, in 1990.
Full of history, hospitality and charm, our property sits on the Mississippi Riverfront with majestic views of the Old Fort Madison. Besides being a landmark itself, the hotel is near other places of interest! The old Santa Fe Depot Museum, local wineries and breweries, bird watching and nature areas, fishing, Iowa state rock hunting sites, the Great River Road, railroad fan activities, biking trails, golfing, professional rodeo, ghost hunting and music festivals and many more adventures await!