The great brick building at 707 Avenue H was built in the 1860’s. It has had many lives before becoming a hotel. It has been everything from a restaurant, to a book & wallpaper store to a barber shop in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. But in 1910, Troy Laundry moved from 905 Avenue G (current day Pilot Grove Savings Bank) to the present day Kingsley Inn. The business thrived for many years until 1981. 71 one years in one location is quite a run! Then our building became home to Shilling Electrical Supply for a few years until sitting vacant and becoming the beautiful, historic and elegant Kingsley Inn, in 1991.
Earliest photo of hotel
Date unknown but we think that it was the 1950s or early 1960s.